Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Silly Kids

My boys' favorite thing is to be "silly". It seems most everything they do is motivated by wanting to be silly. The sillier, the better--especially when they are together. So a couple days ago when Max asked for a drink and requested milk, water and juice all together I assumed it was just another attempt at being silly. We refused him the first couple of times he asked, telling him that we don't waste food. After multiple requests, I finally told Sam to just give him a little of the concoction so that he would see how gross it was and then stop asking for it. Sam obliged and gave Max the drink; however, to our surprise he drank it all up and asked for more. Today he asked for the same mix again and I couldn't think of a reason not to give it to him, so I did. He now asks for it at every meal. If Max was going for silly I think he overshot because liking milk with juice is just plain weird.



As hard as my boys try to be silly, I think they are really their funniest when they are not trying to be. This morning Reed wanted to get out of bed WAY too early. He called out to Sam to see if it was OK for him to get up saying, "Mom said I could get up when the birds did and I can hear that the birds are awake." A moment later all of the birds' chirping stopped and Reed says, "OH!!!!..you should have let me get out when the birds were awake. Now they are asleep again and I can't wake up!" (said in Reed's overly dramatic voice). His dramatics drive me crazy sometimes, but this morning it was so ridiculous all I could do was laugh.

Ruby is still working on her silly, but I think she looks pretty funny when she comes close to doing a back bend trying to look at exactly who is holding her. She was pleased to find it was her Dad's arms she was in this evening.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

So cute, can't wait to see them.